- 2-3 pound eye-of-round
- ½ cup cooking oil
- ½ cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Using a shallow glass dish, combine the oil, bourbon, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Place the meat in the dish and coat with the marinade mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and blot it dry using a paper towel. Salt the meat and coat it heavily in black pepper. Place meat in roasting pan in preheated oven.
- Roast beef for 5 minutes per pound. Then turn off oven. DO NOT OPEN OVEN FOR 2 HOURS! (For example, a 4-lb. roast would take 20 minutes to cook and then sit in the turned-off oven for 2 hours.).
- Allow beef to cool, slice thinly, and serve.