- 2 pounds bison brisket (trimmed)
- sea salt
- Light olive oil, as needed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1 14-oz can Muir Glen fire roasted crushed tomatoes￼
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dried French herb mix or Bouquet Garni
- A small pinch of cinnamon
- Salt & pepper the meat on all sides.
- Add a small dash of olive oil to the crock. Add in sliced onion and garlic. Stir to coat with the olive oil. Place the meat on top.
- Pour in the pomegranate juice, crushed tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Stir to combine. Add the dried herbs, a pinch of cinnamon, sea salt and ground pepper.
- Stir a little bit to co-mingle ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.