- 1-2 pounds flank steak
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary chopped
- 4-6 garlic cloves, sliced or chopped
- Cooking oil & Olive oil
- 5 ounces arugula
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon cut in wedges
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place the rack in the middle position.
- Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper. Sprinkle meat evenly on both sides with rosemary and garlic. Drizzle with 4 tablespoons olive oil, then massage with your hands to distribute, pressing pepper, rosemary and garlic into the surface. Leave at room temperature for one hour or refrigerate for several hours and bring to room temperature before proceeding.
- Heat the oil in a large oven-proof saute pan over high heat. Once the pan is hot add the steak and let it develop a rich brown crust on the first side, 3-4 minutes. Turn it over and brown on the second side.
- Put the pan and steak in the oven and cook until meat reaches and internal temperature of 125°F, about 5-7 minutes. The meat will be slightly firm to the touch.
- Let the meat rest loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice thin and drizzle any accumulated juices over the meat before serving.