- 2-3 lbs. buffalo chuck roast, cut to one inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, cut to round pieces
- 3 celery stalks, cut into quarter inch pieces
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 14 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup broth
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 6 tablespoons yogurt
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, and celery and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are softened, 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker and add meat, tomatoes, broth, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cover and cook on high, 6-7 hours, stirring occasionally. To serve, divide brown rice and stew among six bowls and top with yogurt and parsley.