- 2 pounds ground bison or combined with 1 package pork sausage
- 2 cups bread crumbs or panko
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or any other dried herb
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup katsup
- 32 ounces chicken, bison, beef or turkey stock
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Arrowroot or other thickener
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put all ingredients into a bowl and smash together with hands thoroughly.
- Pack this mixture into a 10-inch loaf pan to mold the shape of the meatloaf. Insert a temperature probe at a 45 degree angle into the top of the meatloaf. Avoid touching the bottom of the tray with the probe. Set the probe for 155 degrees. Drizzle some katsup over top of the loaf. Put into the oven for 45 minutes. Turn the oven up to 425 degrees after 45 minutes and remove as soon as the meatloaf reaches temperature. Let rest for about 15 minutes.
- For gravy: Boil stock until it reduces to half. Add all other ingredients except thickener and bring to a simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add thickener in slow doses until desired thickness.