Brined Buffalo Eye of Round
- 1.5 pounds buffalo eye of round roast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- In a saucepan combine sugar, salt, pepper, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil stirring often to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add ice water.
- Place roast in large zipper-locking bag and add brine. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove roast from bag and discard brine. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Place roast on rack and roast for 1 1/2 hours to internal temperature of 130 degrees F for rare or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove roast from oven and let rest 10 minutes. Thinly slice.