Parmesan-Crusted Pork Loin Cutlets
- 6-8 thin pork loin cutlets
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 lemon wedges
- Place the bread crumbs in a food processor with the Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper, and pulse a few times. Transfer the crumb mixture to a shallow bowl.
- Prepare a breading station: In a shallow bowl or plate, place the flour along with salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat the egg with 1 tablespoon water, until the egg is no longer stringy. Line up the flour, egg, and breadcrumbs in that order.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, and add the cooking oil and butter. Dip the pork loin cutlets in the flour to dust lightly, shake off the excess flour, then dip in the egg and finally the crumbs.
- Cook the pork until golden brown and just barely cooked through, about 1 minute per side. Once cooked, remove to a paper towel-lined plate to blot the excess oil. Season the cutlets with salt, and pepper and serve with lemon wedges.