Sirloin Tip Roast with Carrots and Baby Red Potatoes
- 1 buffalo sirloin tip roast
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 pounds carrots (about 8 large), cut into large pieces
- 24 whole small baby red potatoes (about 2 pounds), scrubbed
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Pat roast dry and season on all sides with salt and pepper. Sprinkle flour over roast and use your hands to spread it out and pat it evenly over meat.
- Melt butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a large roasting pan over medium-high heat on top of stove. Add roast and cook, turning with tongs, until browned on all sides.
- Place carrots and potatoes in a large bowl and toss with remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Place vegetables in roasting pan all around roast. Roast, stirring vegetables often, until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of roast registers 115 degrees for rare, 120 degrees for medium rare, 125 degrees for mediumes.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board, tent loosely with foil and let rest for 30 minutes. Stick a sharp paring knife in carrots and potatoes to make sure they’re easily pierced. If they’re not, return roasting pan with vegetables to oven to continue cooking while roast rests.
- Thinly slice roast and serve warm with carrots and potatoes.