Herb Rub Pork Chop
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or vermouth
- 1/2 cup stock of any type
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh herbs, such as sage, rosemary, thyme, savory or dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl. Keeps well in a sealed container for up to 2 months. Remove pork from refrigerator about 30-60 minutes before cooking. Rub both sides with herb mixture. Heat pan until smoking. Apply cooking fat to pan. Sear and cook pork using the sauté recommendations inside this pamphlet.
- After removing pork, spoon out a bit of excess fat, adjust heat to medium, add garlic. Stir for 30 seconds and add remaining ingredients. Scraping the bottom of the pan, bring to a boil and reduce over high heat until syrupy consistency.