Pork Loin Kabobs
- 2 pound pork loin roast, cubed
- 1/4-1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2-4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh ginger root, grated
- 1-2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard OR 1/2-1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms OR white mushroom caps
- 1 small zucchini
- Any additional vegetables work, such as onion, cherry tomatoes, etc.
- 8 skewers
- In a self-sealing plastic bag combine cubed pork, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and Dijon-style mustard (or Chinese Five Spice); seal bag and refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours.
- Cut vegetables into kabob sizes for skewering.
- Prepare medium-hot fire with charcoal or preheat gas to medium high.
- Remove pork from marinade, reserving marinade. Thread pork, sweet peppers, mushrooms, and zucchini alternately onto 8 skewers. Brush or drizzle with reserved marinade. Grill kabobs directly over fire, turning to brown evenly, for 8-15 minutes or until tender. Let rest 3 minutes before serving.